While members of the LGBTQ community share much in common, it's important to recognize the differences that shape our individual and collective experiences.
Whether it's for the first time ever or the first time today, the experience of coming out and living openly covers the full range of human emotion.
HRC's A La Familia is a bilingual project that promotes inclusion of LGBTQ people within Latino/a communities. A La Familia trainings are conducted with the support of and in cooperation with local organizations and congregations.
The HBCU Project empowers LGBTQ students on HBCU campuses to be change agents in their local communities and teaches them how to lead resourcefully through the intersections of race, religion, gender identity, class and sexual orientation.
Created by HRC and directed by award-winning filmmaker Marc Smolowitz, Brave Spaces brings together 20 leading faith and community leaders to examine the past, present and future of coalition-building and intersectional justice.
- A National Crisis: Anti-Transgender Violence
- Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Family and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Language and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for African Americans
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Society and Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- A La Familia Project Posts and Resources
Explore: Communities of Color
Learn more about the unique challenges facing LGBTQ communities of color.
ResourcesExplore Communities of Color Resources
A National Epidemic: Fatal Anti-Transgender Violence in America in 2018
At least 22 transgender people have been killed in the U.S. since the beginning of 2018 — 82 percent of them were women of color, 64 percent were under the age of 35, 55 percent lived in the South.Read more
Influencers and Celebrities Come Out for Equality in 2018
Whether it’s coming out as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, or as an ally, countless actors, athletes, musicians, politicians and YouTube sensations have helped advance the movement for equality. In honor of National Coming Out Day, which we celebrate each year on October 11, here are a few of the standout coming out moments in pop culture from the last year.Read more
Salir del Clóset: Vivir auténticamente siendo latinx y LGBTQ
El recurso de la Fundación HRC Salir del Clóset: Vivir auténticamente siendo latinx y LGBTQ está diseñado para ayudar a las personas latinx o de origen latinx que viven en Estados Unidos a enfrentar los desafíos de dicha interseccionalidad en el proceso.Read more
Latest PostsView Communities of Color Posts
Latest VideosExplore All Communities of Color Videos
- .@mike_pence is a heartbeat away from the presidency. The American people deserve to know who the #RealMikePence is… https://t.co/DsQPXOMiEa... via @hrc
- Joe Ghartey's own childhood experiences helped him learn to accept and support his transgender son, Penelope. "Pen… https://t.co/NkNX8qX2pA... via @hrc