While members of the LGBTQ community share much in common, it's important to recognize the differences that shape our individual and collective experiences.
Whether it's for the first time ever or the first time today, the experience of coming out and living openly covers the full range of human emotion.
HRC's A La Familia is a bilingual project that promotes inclusion of LGBTQ people within Latino/a communities. A La Familia trainings are conducted with the support of and in cooperation with local organizations and congregations.
The HBCU Project empowers LGBTQ students on HBCU campuses to be change agents in their local communities and teaches them how to lead resourcefully through the intersections of race, religion, gender identity, class and sexual orientation.
Created by HRC and directed by award-winning filmmaker Marc Smolowitz, Brave Spaces brings together 20 leading faith and community leaders to examine the past, present and future of coalition-building and intersectional justice.
- A National Crisis: Anti-Transgender Violence
- Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Family and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Language and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for African Americans
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Society and Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- A La Familia Project Posts and Resources
Explore: Communities of Color
Learn more about the unique challenges facing LGBTQ communities of color.
ResourcesExplore Communities of Color Resources
Violence Against the Transgender Community in 2018
As HRC continues to work toward justice and equality for transgender people, we mourn those we have lost.Read more
Influencers and Celebrities Come Out for Equality in 2017
Whether it’s coming out as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, or as an ally, countless actors, athletes, musicians, politicians and YouTube sensations have helped advance the movement for equality. In honor of National Coming Out Day, which we celebrate each year on October 11, here are a few of the standout coming out moments in pop culture from the last year.Read more
HRC's #LoveYourNeighbor campaign is a video storytelling project focused on sharing the experiences of LGBTQ people and allies across the South, particularly in Alabama, Arkansas and Mississippi where HRC has permanent campaigns as part of its Project One America campaign.Read more
Latest PostsView Communities of Color Posts
Latest VideosExplore All Communities of Color Videos
- A bipartisan #DreamAct is ready, but @realDonaldTrump is irresponsibly choosing to ignore the well-being of both… https://t.co/FftBylZRIl... via @hrc
- It’s irresponsible and reckless to pit #Dreamers and children’s health coverage against each other, but that’s exac… https://t.co/mYMgyXlq18... via @hrc
- The #TrumpShutdown is nothing more than a failure of leadership by @RealDonaldTrump and @mike_pence. https://t.co/zR1FI7Zw9J... via @hrc