HBCU Leadership Summit
Annual HBCU Leadership Summit
The HBCU Leadership Summit provides a leadership development and advocacy training program that empowers LGBTQ HBCU students to act as change-agents on their campuses and in their communities while leading resourcefully through the intersections of race, religion, gender identity, class and sexual orientation.
The purpose of this summit is to develop:
- an effective group of LGBTQ HBCU student leaders committed to deveoping their own personal leadership development skills.
- a potent group of LGBTQ HBCU student leaders to advocate for LGBTQ equality and other social justice issues on their campuses and in their communities
- a powerful group of leaders poised and inspired to bring their whole selves to their schools and communities.
The outcomes for you as a fierce advocate of the HRCF HBCU Leadership Summit are to:
- see yourselves as leaders and social change-agents building a social justice movement.
- develop an understanding of how oppression and discrimination impact your lives.
- increase skills and competence for engaging the intersection of race, religion, gender identity, class and sexual orientation
- develop a higher skill set regarding addressing triggers and breaking through the internalized voice of oppression that inhibits courageous leadership.
- increase self-awareness of your approach to leadership and your impact on others.
- increase capacity to influence people through more effective communication and powerful feedback.
- develop an ability to stand in your vision (individual and collective) as passionate, genuine leaders.
- leave feeling renewed and ready to lead.