Elevate: A Fellowship Advancing Public Health Leadership for Transgender Women of Color
ELEVATE: A Fellowship Advancing Public Health Leadership for Transgender Women of Color
The ELEVATE Fellowship advances the leadership of Black and Latinx transgender women in the South by effectively increasing their capacity to navigate and improve public health systems. This program, rooted in skills-building and professional and leadership development, consists of one intensive digital training and three interactive webinars that lead to an increase in competencies improving health outcomes among Black and Latinx transgender women -- participants will receive a stipend upon completion of the fellowship.
August 2020 - July 2021
Virtual Training Dates:
August 28 - 29, 2020
- Must identify as a Black or Latinx/Latina transgender woman
- Must have video conferencing capability and reliable internet access; training sessions will be hosted on Zoom.
- Must have at least one year of experience in direct services and/or advocacy work; affiliation with a minority-serving community-based organization is preferred but not required
- Must be willing to commit to a one-year cohort
- Must be committed to advancing access and equality for Black and Latinx transgender women
Application Link: hrc.im/ELEVATE
Application Deadline: July 26, 2020
If you have any questions please contact J. Maurice McCants-Pearsall, Director of HIV and Health Equity at firstname.lastname@example.org.