HRC-Backed 2020 Candidates
- Cal Cunningham for U.S. Senate
- G.K. Butterfield for Reelection (NC-1)
- Deborah Ross for U.S. House of Representatives (NC-2)
- David E. Price for Reelection (NC-4)
- Kathy Manning for U.S. House of Representatives (NC-6)
- Pat Timmons-Goodson for U.S. House of Representatives (NC-8)
- Alma Adams for Reelection(NC-12)
In 2017, North Carolina passed shameful new legislation that lawmakers and Governor Cooper touted as a “repeal” of their discriminatory HB2 law. Learn more about HB2 here and read what major publications as well as the businesses and entertainment community are saying here.
Human Rights Campaign fights for LGBTQ equality in North Carolina alongside state and local groups and lawmakers. Find out more about what HRC is doing for LGBTQ equality in North Carolina and how you can get involved with the North Carolina local community.
The existing patchwork of legal protections for LGBTQ people in the United States leaves millions subject to uncertainty and potential discrimination. That’s why the Human Rights Campaign is continuing the fight on the local, state and federal levels for full LGBTQ equality.