HRC in Nevada
Human Rights Campaign fights for LGBTQ equality in Nevada alongside state and local groups and lawmakers. Join our team in Nevada as we work to defend the rights of LGBTQ people, immigrants, women, people of color and more.
As COVID-19 sweeps the world, every community has been affected. The LGBTQ community, Black communities, and other communities of color have faced heightened challenges due to our economic and health care disparities.
HRC in Nevada is dedicated to informing, advocating and serving these communities during this time of crisis by providing news and resources around the coronavirus pandemic. You can help by getting involved virtually and inviting your friends and family to take action with us.
Nevada's Primary Election
Pro-LGBTQ candidates win primaries this Pride season and move on to November
Congrats Reps. @DinaTitus, @SusieLeeNV and @StevenHorsford on your primary victories this week. We’re all in with you as we press on to November and mobilize Equality Voters across Nevada to turn out and vote. https://t.co/Wq8QQrPqWu— HRC in Nevada (@HRC_NV) June 11, 2020
- Rep. Dina Titus (NV-1)
- Rep. Susie Lee (NV-3)
- Rep. Steven Horsford (NV-4)
Racial Equality and Black Lives Matter
We cannot remain silent while our Black communities are forced to endure the violence inflicted on them by racist institutions. Our country needs meaningful police reform & accountability legislation. We will take to the streets, the ballot box, and to media outlets until we are heard and we have ended white supremacy. Elected leaders, appointed official and those in our communities are accountable because recognize that Black Live Matter---All Black lives, including Black Trans lives.
- Billy Porter speak on Black LGBTQ lives matter
- Congress introduces the Justice in Policing Act
- HRC's Alphonso David joins NowThis with a message for Black queer people
'We are all fighting to make sure that we can be respected for who we are.' — @AlphonsoDavid, president of the @HRC, discusses the common thread that links the Black Lives Matter, Pride, and immigration movements pic.twitter.com/TVRUcV6jqp— NowThis (@nowthisnews) June 10, 2020
The Census is critical for funding for essential programs for the LGBTQ community and helps determine representation. In order to bring about change, we must be heard. We must be counted.
- HRC-backed candidates win big in Nevada primaries
- Rep. Susie Lee Joins HRC in Nevada for a Teletown Hall
- State Sen. Melanie Scheible joins HRC to mobilize LGBTQ people and allies to take the Census
- HRC rates Nevada's in the Highest Category for LGBTQ laws in State Equality Index
HRC to post pone all events due to Corona Virus.
Our #1 priority is the health and safety of our members, supporters & staff. For that reason, we have decided to cancel or postpone all of our public events. Remote or virtual events are coming soon.
Remote or Virtual Events
- July 7- Oct 28. Make Call from Home (Every Tue. & Wed.)
- July 10 - Oct 30: Text from Home (Every Friday)
- July 22: Town Hall with US Rep. Steven Horsford
- July 28: Monthly Meetup
- July 30: HIV Modernization Event
If you are a reporter seeking up to the minute information about measures in Nevada, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.