While members of the LGBTQ community share much in common, it's important to recognize the differences that shape our individual and collective experiences.
Whether it's for the first time ever or the first time today, the experience of coming out and living openly covers the full range of human emotion.
HRC's A La Familia is a bilingual project that promotes inclusion of LGBTQ people within Latino/a communities. A La Familia trainings are conducted with the support of and in cooperation with local organizations and congregations.
The HBCU Project empowers LGBTQ students on HBCU campuses to be change agents in their local communities and teaches them how to lead resourcefully through the intersections of race, religion, gender identity, class and sexual orientation.
Created by HRC and directed by award-winning filmmaker Marc Smolowitz, Brave Spaces brings together 20 leading faith and community leaders to examine the past, present and future of coalition-building and intersectional justice.
- A National Crisis: Anti-Transgender Violence
- Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Family and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Language and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for African Americans
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Society and Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- A La Familia Project Posts and Resources
Explore: Communities of Color
Learn more about the unique challenges facing LGBTQ communities of color.
ResourcesExplore Communities of Color Resources
Coming Out: Living Authentically as LGBTQ Asian and Pacific Islander Americans
For many Asian and Pacific Islander Americans, coming out is a lifelong process that can require a different approach because of cultural norms or traditions that emphasize duty to family and community.Read more
Making HIV History + A Pragmatic Guide to Confronting HIV at HBCUs
Making History + A Pragmatic Guide to Confronting HIV at HBCUs is a comprehensive guide for HBCU administrators, staff and students outlining many of the critical steps higher educational institutions can take to help achieve an HIV-free generation.Read more
2018 LGBTQ Youth Report
HRC Foundation and the University of Connecticut released the largest-of-its-kind survey ever of more than 12,000 LGBTQ teenagers across the nation, revealing in distressing detail the persistent challenges so many of them face going about their daily lives at home, at school and in their communities.Read more
Latest PostsView Communities of Color Posts
Latest VideosExplore All Communities of Color Videos
- Today marks six years since the implementation of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (#DACA) program. DACA… https://t.co/TsxfHAct4x... via @hrc
- Kavanaugh poses an extreme threat to: 🏳️🌈LGBTQ equality 💠Reproductive rights 🏩Affordable health care 💼Workers’ r… https://t.co/EYt1LVLBK0... via @hrc