While members of the LGBTQ community share much in common, it's important to recognize the differences that shape our individual and collective experiences.
Whether it's for the first time ever or the first time today, the experience of coming out and living openly covers the full range of human emotion.
HRC's A La Familia is a bilingual project that promotes inclusion of LGBTQ people within Latino/a communities. A La Familia trainings are conducted with the support of and in cooperation with local organizations and congregations.
The HBCU Project empowers LGBTQ students on HBCU campuses to be change agents in their local communities and teaches them how to lead resourcefully through the intersections of race, religion, gender identity, class and sexual orientation.
Created by HRC and directed by award-winning filmmaker Marc Smolowitz, Brave Spaces brings together 20 leading faith and community leaders to examine the past, present and future of coalition-building and intersectional justice.
- A National Crisis: Anti-Transgender Violence
- Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Family and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Language and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for African Americans
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Society and Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- A La Familia Project Posts and Resources
Explore: Communities of Color
Learn more about the unique challenges facing LGBTQ communities of color.
ResourcesExplore Communities of Color Resources
2017 HIV 360° Fellows
The HRC Foundation has chosen 10 outstanding, young leaders for the 2017 cohort of the HIV 360° Fellowship Program.Read more
Violence Against the Transgender Community in 2017
As HRC continues to work toward justice and equality for transgender people, we mourn those we have lost.Read more
We Are With You: Resources for the LGBTQ Community During a Time of Need
To every LGBTQ person across this nation feeling stunned and disheartened by the election results, and questioning if they have a place in our country today, we say this: you do.Read more