While members of the LGBTQ community share much in common, it's important to recognize the differences that shape our individual and collective experiences.
Whether it's for the first time ever or the first time today, the experience of coming out and living openly covers the full range of human emotion.
HRC's A La Familia is a bilingual project that promotes inclusion of LGBTQ people within Latino/a communities. A La Familia trainings are conducted with the support of and in cooperation with local organizations and congregations.
The HBCU Project empowers LGBTQ students on HBCU campuses to be change agents in their local communities and teaches them how to lead resourcefully through the intersections of race, religion, gender identity, class and sexual orientation.
Created by HRC and directed by award-winning filmmaker Marc Smolowitz, Brave Spaces brings together 20 leading faith and community leaders to examine the past, present and future of coalition-building and intersectional justice.
- A National Crisis: Anti-Transgender Violence
- Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Family and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Language and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for African Americans
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Society and Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- A La Familia Project Posts and Resources
Explore: Communities of Color
Learn more about the unique challenges facing LGBTQ communities of color.
ResourcesExplore Communities of Color Resources
We Are With You: Resources for the LGBTQ Community During a Time of Need
To every LGBTQ person across this nation feeling stunned and disheartened by the election results, and questioning if they have a place in our country today, we say this: you do.Read more
Violence Against the Transgender Community in 2016
Sadly, 2016 has already seen at least 16 transgender people fatally shot, stabbed and killed by other violent means. As HRC continues to work toward justice and equality for transgender people, we mourn those we have lost.Read more
2016 HIV 360° Fellows
The HRC Foundation has chosen 10 outstanding, young leaders for the 2016 cohort of the HIV 360° Fellowship Program.Read more
Latest PostsView Communities of Color Posts
Latest VideosExplore All Communities of Color Videos
- Our work now is more important than ever. Let's fight for justice & equality with greater determination than ever b… https://t.co/zqE3JxDjj1... via @hrc
- .@HRC will fight for full #LGBTQ equality harder than we have ever fought before. https://t.co/8VFAh4FIE3... via @hrc
- “My life as an immigrant in the US may be at risk but I'm not scared to share my story.”- Jesús https://t.co/GUBXXWEwGo... via @hrc