Russia's Anti-LGBT Agenda
In the year since Russia enacted harsh anti-LGBT laws banning “propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations” and blocking same-sex couples from adopting children, there has been an uptick in violent attacks and other persecution against LGBT people.
Read HRC's report on the severe impact that anti-LGBT laws continue to have on the Russian LGBT community and its allies.
Latest Blog Posts
November 25, 2014
November 24, 2014
November 20, 2014
As the nation’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights organization, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) joins the Russian LGBT community and others across the globe in the fight to expose and repeal Russia's "anti-propaganda" law.
Since the law passed, HRC has called on:
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) not to accept verbal promises from Putin, through calls to action by both HRC President Chad Griffin and HRC members and supporters
- Film studios to advocate for repeal of the law
- NBCUniversal to use its exclusive coverage of the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games to expose the law
- Donald Trump to move the 2013 Miss Universe pageant out of Russia
- IOC corporate sponsors to condemn Russia's anti-LGBT law and to advocate for equality worldwide.
Download a Poster
Take a stand against hate. Click here to download your copy of HRC's poster.