2014 Winter Olympic Games
In total, 30% of LGBT coverage aired on NBC with 66% on MSNBC and just over 3% on CNBC.
As the nation’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights organization, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) joins the Russian LGBT community and others across the globe in the fight to expose and repeal Russia's recently-enacted "anti-propaganda" law.
Since the law passed, HRC has called on:
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) not to accept verbal promises from Putin, through calls to action by both HRC President Chad Griffin and HRC members and supporters
- Film studios to advocate for repeal of the law
- NBCUniversal to use its exclusive coverage of the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games to expose the law
- Donald Trump to move the 2013 Miss Universe pageant out of Russia
- IOC corporate sponsors to condemn Russia's anti-LGBT law and to advocate for equality worldwide.
Download a Poster
Take a stand against hate. Click here to download your copy of HRC's poster.