HRC has seven field organizers and four offices across Texas who work to mobilize opposition to any anti-LGBTQ legislation.
HRC continues to work alongside Equality Texas, ACLU of Texas, Texas Freedom Network, the Transgender Education Network of Texas and others on the ground to battle against dangerous or harmful bills that attack the dignity of LGBTQ Texans. As a coalition, we will stand together; we will support and comfort one another; and we will continue to work together until we defeat every bill this session that discriminates against LGBTQ Texans.
More Information About HRC's Work in Texas
- Letter from national educator and counselor groups opposing anti-LGBTQ legislation
- Letter on cynical attempts to use women's athletics to support anti-LGBTQ legislation
- LISTEN: Anti-LGBTQ extremist's robo-call in favor of anti-LGBTQ legislation
- Fact vs. fiction on anti-transgender legislation
- Letter to Speaker Straus on child welfare in adoption and foster care
- Letter from national child welfare organizations opposting the discriminatory HB3859
Human Rights Campaign fights for LGBTQ equality in Texas alongside state and local groups and lawmakers. For more than 30 years, HRC has played a pivotal role in advancing LGBTQ equality in the Lone Star State. Learn more about HRC's work by clicking here.
The existing patchwork of legal protections for LGBTQ people in the United States leaves millions subject to uncertainty and potential discrimination. That’s why the Human Rights Campaign is continuing the fight on the local, state and federal levels for full LGBTQ equality.
If you are a reporter seeking up to the minute information about measures in Texas, please email email@example.com and/or subscribe to our daily tipsheet.