HRC in Ohio
Human Rights Campaign fights for LGBTQ equality in Ohio alongside state and local groups and lawmakers. Join our team in Ohio as we work to defend the rights of LGBTQ people, immigrants, women, people of color and more.
As COVID-19 sweeps the world, every community has been affected. The LGBTQ community, Black communities, and other communities of color have faced heightened challenges due to our economic and health care disparities. HRC in Ohio is dedicated to providing news and resources around the coronavirus pandemic. Visit HRC's COVID Center for more info.
LGBTQ Resources and News for Coronavirus
- City of Columbus Launches Know HIV, No Fear Campaign
- Impact Report of Coronavirus on LGBTQ people
- Impact Statement on Coronavirus and Marginalized People
As we mobilize toward November, you can take activism inside and make an impact right where you are by:
- Tripling the Vote
- Joining our virtual activists network at hrc.im/OHFacebook
- Connecting on Twitter to get the Latest LGBTQ news on politics and entertainment.
The 2020 Census determines critical funding for programs that support our communities, and LGBTQ people specifically. Moreover, this count ensures our elected leaders at all levels of government are representing roughly the same number of people. Even though the Census does not explicitly ask about our sexual orientation and gender identity, it is still vital for LGBTQ people to be counted. Please pledge to be counted and encourage others in our community are too.
Ensure you're counted at hrc.im/2020Census
We mobilized, phone banked and held our legislators accountable -- causing the Ohio Fairness Act to receive its first hearing in the Ohio State House. Now, we need to urge our leaders to for a second hearing.
We need 150 more emails to local leaders to make a difference. Join us to protect countless LGBTQ Ohioans in employment, housing and public services.
HRC & Ohio's anti-equality lawmakers introduce harmful anti-trans bills
Ohio is 1 of 2 states that doesn’t allow corrections on birth certificates to reflect gender identity.— HRC in Ohio (@HRC_OH) March 10, 2020
The state should fix this rather than waste taxpayers’ money to fund their effort to deny trans Ohioans the ability to correct their birth certificate. https://t.co/gZsEeSKMM9
Congratulations to these @HRC-backed pro-equality champions who won their primaries! We are looking forward to mobilizing the community to reelect you in November.— HRC in Ohio (@HRC_OH) April 29, 2020
- HRC-backed candidates win 2020 primaries
- HRC spotlights Ohio state legislators Nickie Antonio and Mary Lightbody for Women's History Month on their work for LGBTQ protection bills
- Senator Sherrod Brown tells Trump to 'Stop playing Doctor" and putting people at risk
Our #1 priority is the health and safety of our members, supporters & staff. For that reason, we have decided to cancel or postpone all of our public events through the weekend of April 28. Remote or virtual events are available.
- May 7: Virtual Open House
- May 12: Census Phonebank
- May 13: Mid-week Meditation
- May 14: LGBTQ Virtual Mixer
- May 18: Trivia Night
- May 19: Census Phonebank
- June 2: Census Phonebank
- June 16: Census Phonebank
If you are a reporter seeking up to the minute information about measures in Ohio, please email email@example.com.