The Human Rights Campaign is America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
- Assisting the Board Relations Team in preparing for and managing HRC Board Meetings, which many of our most valued members and major donors attend
- Assisting with board communication, member data tracking, as well as logistical planning for various events
- Providing back up to the Senior Executive Assistant and Executive & Board Relations Assistant, including but not limited to answering phones, letter writing, email drafting, scheduling, and assisting with trip briefing materials
- Assisting with administrative tasks as needed
- Positive, energetic attitude and interest in assisting staff members and those outside the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications, ability to quickly learn other new applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Receive education on LGBTQ and civil rights issues
- Obtain a better understanding of politics
- Learn the ins and outs of a non-profit
- Accessible networking opportunities
- Resume, cover letter and writing samples should be presented in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format
- Please visit our intern FAQs
For any other questions, email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond in a timely manner to individual application inquiries.