The Human Rights Campaign is America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ+ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ+ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people plus community members who use different language to describe identity are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
- Corresponding regularly with volunteers, members, donors, and corporate partners to assist with questions, concerns, and requests
- Maintain and update records in various databases for HRC’s 3 million and counting members and supporters
- Assist department in logistics and administrative duties around HRC events, including National Dinner (Summer/ Fall), Equality Convention (Spring/ Winter), Pride (Summer), Major Donor Leadership Summit (Spring/ Winter), Chefs for Equality (Fall) and many more
- Assist with supplying HRC volunteers across the country with resources and materials
- Manage inventory, preparing materials, and handling shipments
- Help update and maintain ongoing list of weekly/daily HRC emails
- Development interns will each work primarily with one of the following teams; Gala Events, Major Gifts, Mid-Level Giving, Partners & Membership, Corporate Relations, Pride & Membership Events, Planned Giving, Online Strategy and Communities & Volunteer Relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with HRC staff, volunteers and partners
- Professional, responsible and team-oriented with close attention to detail
- Some experience working with HTML
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to become adept at the use of these and other computer programs
- Ability to prioritize many projects and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to learn the details of fundraising, event planning and volunteer organizing
- Opportunities to learn the multi-faceted work of the Human Rights Campaign across many departments
- Gain a better understanding of event planning, fundraising at multiple levels, membership and volunteer outreach
- Gain transferable database management, office, and interpersonal skills applicable to future employment opportunities
- Experience handling competing responsibilities in a high-energy environment
- Gain experience working with highly experienced and dedicated staff members working towards full LGBTQ+ Equality