Think. Grow. Laugh. Imagine. Connect. Change. Inspire. INTERN.
- Play an active role in the nation’s largest LGBTQ equality organization
- Gain valuable professional skills while developing your voice as an LGBTQ advocate and leader.
- Find your role in more than 35 program areas, ranging from political to development, communications to education.
- Connect with some of the foremost LGBTQ and allied leaders through educational brown bag seminars and other events.
- Scholarship funding may be available, to be awarded based on proven financial need and a commitment to diversity
Internship Semester Schedule
We offer fall, spring and summer internships in Washington, DC, Birmingham, AL, Little Rock, AR and Jackson, MS. General timelines are listed below. Each of the three internship semesters corresponds to the most widely-used academic calendar for college and university students, however; we are able to work with those on quarterly systems as well.
· Spring: Application available now, apply here.
· Summer: Application available in February 2018
· Fall: Application available in June 2018
The priority deadline to apply for an HRC Spring Internship is midnight, Sunday November 19th. Applications received after that date will still be considered, but those received by the deadline will be reviewed/evaluated first.
Deadline to apply for spring semester scholarship funding is midnight, Sunday November 19th. Funding applications received after that date will still be considered for an internship but not be eligible for scholarship funds.