HRC Kesha Prism T-Shirt Sweepstakes Rules
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online promotion (the "Promotion"). By providing my email address or otherwise participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. NON-CONTRIBUTION ENTRIES AND CONTRIBUTION ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility. Promotion OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor by the means designated below. Directors, board members, officers and employees of the Human Rights Campaign (“Sponsor”), any of their respective agents, consultants, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. This Promotion is void where prohibited by law.
2. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts when posted on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter on August 10, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on August 15, 2017 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win the prize.
3. Prize. One (1) winner will receive a HRC T-shirt autographed by Kesha.
Approximate retail value of the Promotion prize $25.00.
Prize must be claimed before August 23, 2017 (“Prize Period). If, for any reason, Sponsor is unable to deliver the Promotion Prize specified, Sponsor retains the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, in its sole discretion.
4. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. The Prize is awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
5. How to Enter. Participants may enter by texting the word “Rainbow” to the number 30644, HRC’s Mobile Action Network. Participants will be asked to provide an email address in order to complete their profile on the Network and be entered to win the autographed Kesha t-shirt. By texting an email address to HRC’s Mobile Action Network, participants will be agreeing to receive alerts and breaking news from HRC, however, participants can opt-out of receiving such alerts or breaking news updates by texting “txtSTOP2quit” in reply at any time.
For all entries, failure to submit all required information in the manner required in these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Proof of a text message entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on a list for promotional and other purposes. Participants may complete and submit no more than one (1) entry.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the account holder from which it was sent but only if such person is otherwise eligible. The “account holder” is the individual assigned the telephone number by the entity responsible for assigning it. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to the Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
6. Determination and Notification of Winner. The winner will be determined by random selection from all eligible entries to be held at Human Rights Campaign Headquarters on August 16, 2017. The potential winner will be notified by a text message sent to the number used to submit the winning entry on or about August 16, 2017. The winning participant must provide their name and mailing address in a reply message to Sponsor’s notification to claim the Prize.
The potential winner and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, a publicity release where legal, and federal and state tax releases, and return these documents, properly executed, via fax or e-mail, within 48 hours of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules; or Sponsor's inability to contact a potential winner within seven (7) calendar days will result in such potential winner's disqualification and, at Sponsor's discretion, the Prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify at any time any person from receiving the Prize if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding any prize to such potential winner and guest could result in a safety, security or reputational risk to any person, persons or the Sponsor or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Promotion.
7. General Releases and Limitation of Damages. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and any of its respective directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
Sponsor and the Released Parties will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
You agree as a participant that any claim for damages of any kind whatsoever shall be solely an individual claim and you waive any right to assert a class action and, or to seek any form of speculative, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind whatsoever. Any claim for damages by you must be for actual damages only and may not exceed one hundred dollars.
8. Use of Winner and Guest Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, hometown, likenesses and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
9. Winner List; Rules Request. The winner’s name once final will be posted on the Human Rights Campaign website (www.hrc.org).
10. Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are subject to copyright protection by the Human Rights Campaign. All rights reserved.
11. Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of Washington, D.C. without regard to its or any other jurisdiction's choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, including the dates of the Promotion Period, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to ___________________________.
12. Sponsor: Human Rights Campaign, 1640 Rhode Island Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20036.