All Children - All Families: Agency Self-Assessment
All Children - All Families participants receive access to an online Agency Self-Assessment tool that guides their review of policies and practices related to LGBTQ inclusion.
- Currently working on your agency's assessment? Click here for tips.
About the Assessment
Accessing the Online Assessment
The assessment is housed in Qualtrics, an online surveying tool. Each participating agency receives its own unique link. This link will need to be shared among the agency's staff team members who are collaborating to complete the assessment. For access to an assessment for your agency, request to participate today. Already a participant and need your link to be resent to you? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overview of Online Assessment
The assessment is organized into sections focused on each policy and practice area within the Benchmarks of LGBTQ Inclusion:
- Staff Training
- Rolling Out the Welcome Mat
- Parent Best Practices
- Youth Best Practices
- Sustainability & Capacity Building
- Innovation & Leadership
Resources & Support for Completing Online Assessment
Throughout the assessment, additional information and links to ACAF resources are provided to assist those completing the questions and working on the related policy/practice updates. All participating agencies are highly encouraged to 1) take a team-based approach to completing the assessment, and 2) ensure that at least one staff person working on the assessment attends an "All Children - All Families Participation: Keys To Success" webinar.
It is recommended that agencies do their first thorough review of the assessment before attending group TA sessions which begin in August. The final assessment deadline is in February each year. From the time of assessment submission until the end of March, ACAF staff members will review assessments, and provide agencies an opportunity to offer any necessary clarification.
Tips for Completing the Assessment
- Enter All Contributers: As you complete the assessment, please make sure that all contributors have entered their information in the "Contributors" section. Up to five people may work on the assessment, one of whom must be designated as the Official Submitter. (Note: Multiple people working on the assessment at the same time from different computers may cause errors and is not recommended.)
- Use the Table of Contents: A Table of Contents is available from a clickable icon in the top left of the survey page and allows you to navigate throughout the assessment sections. (Note: This icon is only available on the benchmark-specific assessment sections. In order to navigate past the "Welcome," "Contributors," or "Agency Information" pages, you must use the button on the bottom right.)
- Save Your Work: Here is what you need to know about saving your work:
- As you work, click "Save and Continue" to save your work.
- Each time you return to the assessment, you will be taken to the page that was last worked on.
- Before the assessment can be submitted to HRC, all sections must be saved as "Final." The assessment will check to make sure you've entered all required information before saving a section as "Final." If you know you still have work to do on a section, you can keep the section saved as "Draft."
- To check the status of each section, go to the "Submission Form" page.
- Provide Sufficient Details & Documentation: Throughout the assessment you will be asked to provide additional details on practices reported by typing into text fields. Please provide as much detail as possible to help HRC verify and understand the practices you are reporting. (Think 5 W's: Who, When, Where, What, Why.) You will also be asked to upload documentation of policies/practices reported. The majority of follow up questions include help text links to more information and model policies.
- Review Your Preliminary Results: At the bottom of each benchmark section, the assessment will show you your preliminary results as they relate to that specific benchmark. These results are pending HRC's review of your assessment and supporting documentation.
Submit to HRC: When your work on the benchmarks is complete, you will submit your assessment to HRC. You won't be able to access the "Submit to HRC" button on the "Submission Form" page until all assessment sections are successfully saved as "Final." At this time you will also see your agency's preliminary Tier of Recognition. This tier designation is pending HRC's review of your assessment and supporting documentation.