LGBTQ Patient Services and Support Overview
The criteria on LGBTQ Patient Services and Support includes questions related to planning to serve LGBTQ populations, providing LGBTQ specific services, and communications about LGBTQ health topics and services.
To receive credit in the HEI:
This subsection of the Patient Services and Support Criteria includes 8 of the 23 scored best practices.
Scored best practices include:
- Have a written strategy or plan for reducing health disparities among LGBTQ patients and/or incorporate LGBTQ patients into a plan for reducing all patient disparities
- Have an internal planning or advisory committee focused on LGBTQ patient care issues (new)
- Publicly make LGBTQ-knowledgeable and -friendly providers or facilities known as such to interested patients or provide a confidential mechanism to make LGBTQ-specific referrals (revised)
- Provide some LGBTQ-specific clinical services
- Have an external LGBTQ-focused office or ombudsman (revised)
- Provide LGBTQ-related health information on the facility’s website
- Create a brochure or other print material to support LGBTQ patients
- Make external LGBTQ health resources available to patients