Post submitted by Prianka Srinivasan, former Content Producer
As we celebrate National Coming Out Day on October 11, HRC recognizes the many challenges and opportunities that living openly offers to each of us.
The process of coming out and bravely living your truth covers the full spectrum of human emotion – from paralyzing fear to unbounded euphoria. Unraveling these emotions, and making sure that you’re always in the driver’s seat about how, where, when and with whom you choose to be open, can be complex and difficult.
To help you along this journey, HRC has created the following guides and resources help you navigate the process in realistic and practical terms.
- A Resource Guide to Coming Out
- A Resource Guide to Coming Out as Bisexual
- Transgender Visibility: A Guide to Being You
- A Resource Guide to Coming Out for African Americans
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for African Americans
- Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- Family and Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for Asian Pacific Americans
- Coming Out to Your Doctor
- Coming Out at Work
- Coming Out at Work as Transgender
- Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Family and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Language and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
- Religion and Coming Out Issues for Latinas and Latinos
Guía de recursos para "salir del clóset"
- El “salir del clóset” en la comunidad latina
- Sobre "salir del clóset" y los temas familiares Latinx
- Temas de religión y de orientación sexual para Hispanos
- El lenguaje y los desafíos de “salir del clóset” en la comunidad Latinx
- Ser un(a) aliado(a) LGBTQ: Una guía de apoyo hacia personas lesbianas, gais, bisexuales, transgénero y queer
Are You a Straight Ally?
Flip through or download HRC's Coming Out as a Straight Supporter to learn about the how people typically feel after someone comes out to them and find easy ways to learn more and demonstrate your support for LGBTQ people and equality worldwide.
Take a look at HRC’s Coming Out Center and find other guides and resources to assist you with the coming out process here.