- October 30, 2018
TRUMP-PENCE ADMINISTRATION THREATENS UNCONSTITUTIONAL PLAN TO END BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP:
This is not only an attack on immigrants and fundamental American values, it’s also an attack on the Constitution. The future of our democracy is on the ballot one week from today. VOTE to defend it! https://t.co/fE6K6PLA4U— Chad Griffin (@ChadHGriffin) October 30, 2018
#TurnOUT -- JUST ONE WEEK UNTIL ELECTION DAY:
- Inside the historic nationwide effort to #TurnOUT for pro-equality candidates during the most critical election of our lifetimes. More from Advocate.
- Also today, Griffin will participate in #TurnOUT the vote events for Oregon Governor Kate Brown in Portland. Interested media should RSVP to email@example.com.
- Friday -- Pence to attend rally in Kansas City in support of anti-LGBTQ Kris Kobach and other anti-equality candidates. It’s co-hosted by the anti-LGBTQ Family Research Council Action. More from Kansas City Star.
- ICYMI -- Griffin joined LGBTQ and pro-equality voters in Minnesota for events to turn out the vote for U.S. Congressional candidate Dan Feehan.
.@danielfeehan has spent his life serving his country and community — in the military, as a teacher, and at the Pentagon. Now he’s running for Congress to serve the people of #MN01. So much energy with the @HRC team, Dan, and @amyklobuchar in Rochester, MN this morning! pic.twitter.com/UofR5fGNzo— Chad Griffin (@ChadHGriffin) October 29, 2018
- Also yesterday, Pence campaigned with anti-equality candidates Bill Schuette, John James, Mike Bishop and Lena Epstein in Michigan. More from HRC.
- HRC National Press Secretary Sarah McBride (@SarahEMcBride) on the rainbow wave of candidates this election: “The old saying goes, ‘If you’re not at the table, you’re on the menu.” More from Ohio.com.
- LISTEN -- How Georgia’s voter ID laws may prevent some trans Americans from voting. More from NPR.
HRC SENDS FOIA REQUEST TO HHS FOR ALL RECORDS OF TRUMP-PENCE ATTEMPT TO REDEFINE SEX: “It is imperative we understand the key players pushing for this destructive action along with their motivations, analysis, and rationale,” said HRC Legal Director Sarah Warbelow. More from HRC.
- College presidents speak out in support of trans students. More from Inside Higher Ed.
- Anti-LGBTQ hate groups including the Family Research Council are behind these anti-transgender attacks: More from Intelligencer.
TV TUESDAY -- LGBTQ REPRESENTATION IN TELEVISION IS THE HIGHEST EVER RECORDED: A new GLAAD report found that 8.8 percent of regular characters on television are LGBTQ. More from Reuters.
- ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’ to feature its first same-sex couple: The coming season will feature Prince Carter (@officialprincecarter) and Zachary Jones. More from The Blast.
- ‘Arrow’ reveals one of its main characters has had a same-sex relationship: More from Washington Blade.
We #WontBeErased, and we won't be forgotten, and we won't be ignored. Today, we worked with local advocates and community members to unfurl a 150-foot trans flag on some of our nation's most visible real estate: the Lincoln Memorial. pic.twitter.com/fkPlQ2m6sm— National Center for Transgender Equality (@TransEquality) October 29, 2018
POWERFUL OPED ON ONE MAN’S EXPERIENCE WITH THE DANGEROUS AND DEBUNKED PRACTICE OF “CONVERSION THERAPY”: More from INTO.
INSIDE THE FIGHT TO RESTORE TRANS-INCLUSIVE HEALTH CARE BENEFITS FOR NORTH CAROLINA STATE EMPLOYEES: More from North Carolina Health News.
HORRIFYING -- COUPLE ATTACKS LGBTQ TOURISTS IN KEY WEST: More from ABC 10 News.
GLOBAL EQUALITY NEWS
ANTI-LGBTQ, SEXIST, RACIST JAIR BOLSONARO ELECTED BRAZIL’S NEXT PRESIDENT: Bolsonaro once said that he’d rather have his son die than be gay. In April, Bolsonaro was charged with inciting hatred against LGBTQ people, Black people, women and indigenous people. His behavior and violent rhetoric bears many similarities to Trump -- he's even been dubbed the “Trump of the tropics.” HRC stands in solidarity with Brazilian LGBTQ people as they grapple with the election results. More from The New York Times.
NEW REPORT ON HOW ANTI-LGBTQ LAWS IN MALAWI FUEL VIOLENCE AND DISCRIMINATION: More from Pink News.
READING RAINBOW - Bookmark now to read on your lunch break!
SBS News reports on the fight of a same-sex couple to bring marriage equality to the Navajo Nation’s reservation; MassLive interviews a trans advocate in Massachusetts about the upcoming ‘Yes on 3’ vote; HRC joins the premiere of ‘Boy Erased’
.@HRC was proud to the join the cast and crew of the film @BoyErased for the premiere tonight in Los Angeles. #BoyErased follows a teenage boy’s journey to a so-called “conversion therapy” camp.— Human Rights Campaign (@HRC) October 30, 2018
Find the film in a theater near you at https://t.co/iePuGig0lI pic.twitter.com/axiQCVcdgH
Paid for by Human Rights Campaign PAC (www.hrc.org) and not authorized by any candidate or committee.