The Human Rights Campaign is America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ+ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
The Consumer Marketing team is seeking an engaging, passionate intern.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ+ people, to join our team.
- Coordinate and execute photoshoots of HRC merchandise on models
- Assist in finding and contacting social media influencers for merchandise gifting
- Assist in physically organizing merchandise for pop-up shops
- Basic administrative work, including data entry and creating spreadsheets
- Create on-brand digital graphics for social media and the HRC website
- Create print materials such as postcards and materials for HRC Dinners
- Aptitude or interest in photography
- Knowledge of social media trends and an interest in social media marketing
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Knowledge of G Suite applications and Microsoft Office
- Receive education on LGBTQ+ and civil rights issues
- Obtain a better understanding of politics
- Learn the ins and outs of a non-profit
- Accessible networking opportunities
- Become familiar with the workflow of an in-house design team
- Leave with portfolio-worthy print and digital pieces
- Resume, cover letter and writing samples should be presented in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format
- Portfolio samples in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format or the web address of an online portfolio site
For any other questions, please email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Due to high volume of applications we receive, we may not be able to respond in a timely manner about individual application inquires.