HRC “Trip to Los Angeles for Dinner with Modern Family’s Eric Stonestreet and Jesse Tyler Ferguson” Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL RULES Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online promotion (the "Promotion"). By clicking on the "Accept" button below or otherwise participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. NON-CONTRIBUTION ENTRIES AND CONTRIBUTION ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, board members, officers and employees of the Human Rights Campaign (“Sponsor”), any of their respective agents, consultants, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. This promotion is void where prohibited by law.
2. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:00 a.m. on October 6, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 24, 2012 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win the prize.
3. Prize. One (1) winner will receive the following prize package (the “Prize”):
- Two (2) round-trip coach-class airplane tickets for winner and one (1) guest to be selected by winner from the major airport closest to the winner's address within the United States to the Los Angeles area, including ground transportation to and from the Los Angeles area airport (approximate retail value $1,200.00);
- Two (2) nights’ stay in one (1) double-occupancy room for winner and guest at a hotel in the Los Angeles area (approximate retail value $600.00);
- Dinner for two with Modern Family’s Eric Stonestreet and Jesse Tyler Ferguson (the “Celebrities”), on a date and location to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including ground transportation to and from the location (approximate retail value $250.00);
Approximate retail value of the entire Trip package: $2,050.00.
Prize must be redeemed before March 31, 2013 (“Prize Period). Sponsor will engage in its best efforts to identify a date that satisfies the mutual preferences of Celebrities and the winner. Sponsor will choose, in its sole discretion after consultation with the winner, the airline, hotel, flight dates, flight times, departure city and airport and other Prize logistics and details. Although Celebrities have provided a commitment to attend the Dinner if, for any reason, Celebrities or the winner are unable to make arrangements for the prize to be awarded during the Prize Period, Sponsor retains the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, in its sole discretion. If winner's address is within 100 miles of the Destination, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide ground transportation to the Prize hotel or event in lieu of an airplane ticket. Except as expressly set forth in the description of the Prize above, each winner is responsible for transportation, all meals, hotel incidentals and amenities, baggage fees and all other expenses that such winner incurs in connection with the Prize. Once Prize has been booked, no change, extension or substitution of Prize dates is permitted.
4. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. The Prize is awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
5. How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows: (a) Contribution Method: Sponsor is asking for a donation of $5 or more from individuals. To enter by contributing money to Sponsor, complete and submit the contribution form here during the Promotion Period. Entering via the contribution method will not increase your chances of winning the prize. (b) Free Entry Method: To enter via the free entry method, visit here and complete and submit an online entry form during the Promotion Period. For all entry methods, failure to submit all required information in the manner required in these Official Rules and/or any entry or contribution form may result in disqualification. Proof of contribution or online entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on a list for promotional and other purposes. Participants may complete and submit no more than one (1) entry, by any and all methods combined, in any calendar day.
6. Determination and Notification of Winner. The winner will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held at Human Rights Campaign Headquarters on November 12, 2012. The potential winner will be notified by phone or e-mail on or about December 1, 2012 and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, a publicity release where legal, and federal and state tax releases, and return these documents, properly executed, via fax, within 48 hours of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules; or Sponsor's inability to contact a potential winner within seven (7) calendar days will result in such potential winner's disqualification and, at Sponsor's discretion, the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner.
As a condition of being awarded the prize, the potential winner and guest will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor may, at its option, conduct a background check on the potential winner and guest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify at any time any person from receiving the prize if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding any prize to such potential winner and guest could result in a safety, security or reputational risk to any person, persons or the Sponsor or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Promotion.
7. General Releases and Limitation of Damages. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor, all participating sponsors and any of their respective directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
Sponsor and the Released Parties will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. Sponsor and the Released Parties shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions, or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to the winner, including any results thereof, such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same.
You agree as a participant that any claim for damages of any kind whatsoever shall be solely an individual claim and you waive any right to assert a class action and, or to seek any form of speculative, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind whatsoever. Any claim for damages by you by agreement must be for actual damages only and may not exceed one hundred dollars.
8. Use of Winner and Guest Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use the winner and guest’s names, hometowns, likenesses and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner and guest may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
10. Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright 2012 by the Human Rights Campaign. All rights reserved.
11. Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of Washington, D.C. without regard to its or any other jurisdiction's choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, including the dates of the Promotion Period, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to [email protected] or send questions in writing to the address listed below, Attn: Sweepstakes.
12. Sponsor: Human Rights Campaign, 1640 Rhode Island Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20036.