Online Strategy and Membership Internship
Like HRC on Facebook? Follow us on Twitter? Have you signed an online petition or sent a message to your representative in Congress? Want to learn about every aspect of HRC’s nationwide efforts online and offline for equality? Come work and learn with us as we engage and empower more than 1.5 million HRC supporters and members in the work of LGBT equality.
HRC Online Strategy team manages a wide variety of ways to engage online constituents, including HRC’s Facebook and Twitter presences, online advocacy and fundraising modules, email communications and text messaging.
The online strategy and membership internship is an opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience with the wide breadth of mediums in which HRC and engages with our over 1.5 million members and supporters. The Online Strategy and Membership Intern must have an established familiarity and interest in the latest technological aspects of social networking, email communications, and html coding. Some of the intern’s ongoing tasks will be daily development of email communications and related engagement collateral, social media profile posting and engagement with constituents; analysis and reporting for HRC’s various national and local online campaigns.
In addition to these responsibilities, the Online Strategy Intern will also provide help as need to HRC’s Member Services Team. The Member Services Team works closely with the Online Strategy Team to responds to various correspondences from HRC’s members and supporters.
- Develop HTML coding for HRC email communications and other online strategy projects
- Assist in maintenance of Facebook and Twitter campaigns
- Assist with editing and producing graphics
- Assist in measuring analytics
- Organize and map content
- Provide administrative support to staff
- Assist with making changes to membership accounts
Occasionally help respond to supporter questions regarding email communications
- Some experience with hand-coding HTML beneficial
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of social networking platforms, primarily Facebook and Twitter
- Demonstrated interest in lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Some experience working with databases
Good customer service skills
- Real world professional online campaign strategy and social media engagement experience
- Resume-building experience and references
- A wide audience for completed projects
Inside experience with a highly active and professional organization
- This is an unpaid internship. Credit is available upon request
- All internships are based out of our offices in Washington, DC. We cannot provide housing for our interns
- Resume and cover letter must be in Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format
- Please refer questions to our website
- For any other questions, email inte[email protected]
- No phone calls, please