Membership Outreach Internship
The Membership Outreach Intern will work with staff to broaden HRC’s outreach and visibility, and build our grassroots membership base. This intern will play an integral part in coordinating and fulfilling membership and administrative requests generated from our Gift Membership, Athlete for Equality, Wedding Registry, Her HRC, Community Events and Pride programs.
- Provide administrative support to all Membership & Community Events staff
- Fulfillment of Membership Outreach acknowledgements
- Assist in Pride database management and coordination of HRC’s presence at 180+ pride events
- Assist the Senior Manager with maintenance and growth of the Athletes for Equality program
- Assist with the preparation of the team’s participation in the HRC Equality Convention
- Ship HRC branded materials to HRC volunteer co-chairs for community events
- Assist department in planning and execution of community events when needed
- Professional and responsible manner
- Willingness to learn the details of membership recruitment in a non-profit setting
- Proficiency in or willingness to work with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access with the ability to become adept at the use of these and other computer programs
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues
- Intern will gain transferable database management skills
- Intern will work and gain experience working with many dedicated, high-level volunteers throughout the country
- Intern will gain knowledge of HRC's role in modern LGBT rights movement
- This is an unpaid internship. Credit is available upon request.
- All of our internships are based out of our offices in Washington, D.C. We cannot provide housing for our interns.
- Resume and cover letters must be in Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.
- Please refer questions to our website.
- For any other questions, email [email protected].
- No phone calls, please.