Media Center Internship
The HRC Media Center is a full-fledged production studio that serves a variety of purposes for the Human Rights Campaign in spreading its message. Some of its ongoing tasks include the production of videos for gala dinners, corporate partnership videos, community events, pride events; as well as advertisements and public service announcements to communicate and disseminate HRC’s messages. In addition, the Media Center serves the multimedia needs of other like-minded organizations.
- Catalogue and maintain HRC’s archive videos;
- Assist in Tape/DVD dubbing/encoding services;
- Assist in finding footage online for HRC videos;
- Assist in shooting with Canon XF305 HD Cameras;;
- Log media for fast searching;
- Assist in video and audio production and post-production;
- Run teleprompter;
- Transcribe video for Closed Captioning services;
- Provide administrative support to staff.
- Broadcast Journalism and Film/TV/Video Production majors are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated interest in lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues.
- Strong attention to details and organizational skills;
- Ability to learn quickly;
- Experience/knowledge in Non-linear video editing;
- Experience/knowledge in shooting with professional video cameras;
- Strong knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Intern will develop a strong understanding of advanced video and audio editing software, including Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and a variety of applications used for publishing video to the web.
- Intern will gain extensive experience working in a professional video production studio, including shooting with HD cameras, Live Event Streaming, studio lighting and sound recording;
- This is an unpaid internship. Credit is available upon request.
- All of our internships are based out of our offices in Washington, DC. We cannot provide housing for our interns.
- Resume and cover letters must be in Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.
- Please refer questions to our website.
- For any other questions, email
- No phone calls, please.