think. grow. be. laugh. eat. imagine. connect. change. inspire. lead. INTERN.
Find your role in more than 25 program areas, ranging from political to development, communications to education.
- Gain valuable professional skills while developing your voice as an LGBT advocate and leader
- Play an active role in the nation’s largest LGBT equality organization
- Connect with some of the foremost LGBT and allied leaders through educational brown bag seminars and other events
Internship Semester Schedule
We offer Fall, Spring and Summer internships in Washington, DC, Birmingham, AL, Little Rock, AR and Jackson, MS. General timelines are listed below. Each of these three internship semesters corresponds to the most widely-used academic calendar for college and university students. Please note that these dates are guidelines; interns and their respective supervisors will work to set a mutually acceptable start and end date.
- Fall: Application available now. Priority and scholarship application deadline is midnight, Friday July 31, 2015
- Spring: Application available in October
- Summer: Application available in February
The priority deadline to apply for an HRC Internship is midnight Friday, July 31 – applications received by that date will be considered first. We will continue to accept applications beyond this date until all positions have been filled.
Scholarship funds may be available and will be awarded based on financial need and a commitment to diversity. Deadline to apply for a scholarship is midnight July 31. Scholarship applications received after this date will not be considered for a financial award, but your internship application will still be considered.