Graphic Design Internship
The Graphic Design team, within the Marketing department, is responsible for the Human Rights Campaign's visual identity through print and online materials, including but not limited to advertisements, invitations, brochures, reports, publications, the quarterly magazine and annual report. This internship is an opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in design work across a variety of media. The intern will work closely with the Senior Graphic Designer Specialist, Design Director and Marketing Director on assisting with the production of print and online materials consistent with brand guidelines and specifications.
- Assist with designing online graphics within the organizations brand guidelines.
- Assist with designing print pieces such as postcards, flyers, and posters within the organizations brand guidelines.
- Assist in obtaining photography for publications through our online photo agencies.
- Assist in photo research within our organization's photo collection and through our online photo agencies.
- Assist the organization in the implementation, demonstration and monitoring of accurate trademark and logo usage.
- Archiving and organizing photographs into the organizations photo database.
- Reviewing proofs for printed materials.
- Enhance, alter and resize photographs and images to be used in action alerts and other various materials for the organization.
- Provide administrative support to staff.
- Must be currently pursuing a degree in graphic design or comparable field.
- Proficient in using the Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Bridge).
- Knowledge of print and web design, with experience in Photoshop editing.
- Demonstrated interest in lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Opportunity for hands-on experience in non-profit design work across a variety of media.
- Increased knowledge of Adobe Suite programs.
- Resume-building experience and references.
- Inside experience with a highly active and professional organization.
- Intern will expand their understanding of issues and laws affecting the LGBT community.
- This is an unpaid internship. Credit is available upon request.
- All of our internships are based out of our offices in Washington, DC. We cannot provide housing for our interns.
- Resume and cover letters must be in Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.
- Please refer questions to our website.
- For any other questions, email [email protected].
- No phone calls, please.
*PDFs require Adobe Acrobat. Download and install free Adobe Acrobat Reader