Federal Club Program Internship
The Human Rights Campaign Federal Club program is responsible for identifying, recruiting, and stewarding donors who give between $1,200 and $4,999 annually to HRC. The Federal Club program has more than 4,000 members in 32 communities across the country who are committed to the cause of LGBT equality. This group of leaders provides nearly 30% of the funds to support HRC’s important political and advocacy work. The Federal Club team which you will be a part of works to make sure these committed individuals have a strong and lasting relationship with the Human Rights Campaign.
The Federal Club Intern will have important responsibilities from the beginning of his or her internship, as well as additional projects and assignments as they are needed. He/she will:
- Facilitate donor stewardship by preparing and sending weekly acknowledgement letters and welcome packets to new members
- Maintain and update records in our donor database
- Calling/returning calls with our donors
- Assist with supplying HRC volunteers across the country with the resources they need
- Assist with the preparation and execution of Federal Club events all around the country
Please note: for the Spring semester, our intern must be available the weekend of March 2nd and 3rd for our March Board Meeting and Volunteer Training Tracks
- Professional, responsible and team-oriented with close attention to detail
- Willingness to learn the details of fundraising
- Proficiency in and willingness to work with Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to become adept at the use of these and other computer programs
Demonstrated interest in lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues
- A deeper understanding of non-profit fundraising
- Experience handling responsibilities and working in a high-energy environment
Learning about all of the work of the Human Rights Campaign across departments
- This is an unpaid internship. Credit is available upon request.
- All internships are based out of our offices in Washington, D.C. HRC does not provide housing for our interns
- Please send all resumes and cover letters in Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format
- Please refer questions to our website
- For any other questions, e-mail [email protected]
- NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.