The Executive Intern provides support for the Executive Department which consists of the President, Senior Executive Assistant, Managing Director, Board Relations Manager and the Executive & Board Relations Assistant. The Executive Intern is an integral part of this structure and essential to our success. This position reports to the Executive & Board Relations Assistant.
- Assist the Board Relations Team in preparing for and managing HRC Board Meetings, which many of our most valued members and major donors attend.
- Assist with board communication, member data tracking, as well as logistical planning for various events.
- Provide back up to the Senior Executive Assistant and Executive & Board Relations Assistant, including but not limited to answering phones, letter writing, e-mail drafting, scheduling, and assisting with trip briefing materials and administrative tasks as needed.
- Positive, energetic attitude and interest in assisting staff members and those outside the organization
- Ability to work both independently and with other staff members and interns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Professional demeanor and ability to manage confidential information
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Work one-on-one with Executive Team members
- Interact with HRC Board Members
- Gain knowledge of the HRC Board structure and function
- Lean how a political non-profit functions
- Take part in event planning
- Work with many of the departments that comprise HRC
- Take part in various field and political efforts
- Gain experience with constituent and customer service
- Gain knowledge of scheduling and travel planning
- This is an unpaid internship. Credit is available upon request
- All internships are based out of our offices in Washington, DC. We cannot provide housing for our interns
- A limited number of housing scholarships are available for Summer 2014 interns – apply within the internship application
- Resume and cover letter must be in Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format
- Please refer questions to our website
- For any other questions, e-mail email@example.com
- No phone calls, please