Working in the Executive Office, the Executive Intern provides day-to-day support for the Executive Department. The Executive Department consists of the President, Senior Executive Assistant, Managing Director, Board Relations Manager and the Executive & Board Relations Assistant. The Executive Intern is an integral part of this structure and essential to our success. This position will report to the Executive & Board Relations Assistant.
Executive Intern will:
- Provide assistance to the Board Relations Team in preparing for and implementing HRC Board Meetings, board communication and other board related tasks as needed.
- Provide back up to the Senior Executive Assistant and Executive & board Relations Assistant, including but not limited to answering phones, letter writing, scheduling, assisting with trip briefing materials and administrative tasks as needed.
Intern qualifications include:
- Positive attitude and interest in assisting staff members, and those outside the organization;
- Ability to work both independently and with other staff members;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to multitask;
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Intern will work one-on-one with Executive Team members;
- Intern will have the opportunity to interact with HRC Board Members;
- Intern will gain knowledge of the HRC Board structure and function;
- Intern will lean how a political non-profit functions;
- Intern will take part in event planning;
- Intern will often work with many of the departments that comprise HRC;
- Intern will have the opportunity to take part in various field and political efforts;
- Intern will gain experience with constituent and customer service;
- Intern will gain knowledge of scheduling and travel planning.
- This is an unpaid internship. Credit is available upon request.
- All of our internships are based out of our offices in Washington, DC. We cannot provide housing for our interns.
- Resume and cover letters must be in Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.
- Please refer questions to our website.
- For any other questions, e-mail [email protected].
- NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
*PDFs require Adobe Acrobat. Download and install free Adobe Acrobat Reader