Executive Office Internship
The Executive Intern provides support for the Executive Department which consists of the President, Senior Executive Assistant, Managing Director, Board Relations Manager and the Executive & Board Relations Assistant. The Executive Intern is an integral part of this structure and essential to our success. This position reports to the Executive & Board Relations Assistant.
- Assist the Board Relations Team in preparing for and managing HRC Board Meetings, which many of our most valued members and major donors attend.
- Assist with board communication, member data tracking, as well as logistical planning for various events.
- Provide back up to the Senior Executive Assistant and Executive & Board Relations Assistant, including but not limited to answering phones, letter writing, e-mail drafting, scheduling, and assisting with trip briefing materials and administrative tasks as needed.
- Positive, energetic attitude and interest in assisting staff members and those outside the organization
- Ability to work both independently and with other staff members and interns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Professional demeanor and ability to manage confidential information
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Work one-on-one with Executive Team members
- Interact with HRC Board Members
- Gain knowledge of the HRC Board structure and function
- Lean how a political non-profit functions
- Take part in event planning
- Work with many of the departments that comprise HRC
- Take part in various field and political efforts
- Gain experience with constituent and customer service
- Gain knowledge of scheduling and travel planning
- This is an unpaid internship. School credit is available upon request
- The majority of internships are based out of our offices in Washington, D.C. Internships are also available in HRC’s Project One America offices in Little Rock, Ark., Jackson, Miss., and Birmingham, Ala. We cannot provide housing for our interns
- A limited amount of scholarship funds are available based on financial need and a commitment to diversity. Apply within the internship application
- Resume and cover letter should be provided in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format
- Please refer questions to our website
- For any other questions, email email@example.com
- No phone calls, please
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond in a timely manner to individual application inquiries
- We strongly encourage people of color, people of diverse gender identities, women and non-LGBT persons to apply