The Executive Intern provides support for the Executive Department which consists of the President, Senior Executive Assistant, Managing Director, Board Relations Manager and the Executive & Board Relations Assistant. The Executive Intern is an integral part of this structure and essential to our success. This position reports to the Executive & Board Relations Assistant.
• Assist the Board Relations Team in preparing for and managing HRC Board Meetings, which many of our most valued members and major donors attend.
• Assist with board communication, member data tracking, as well as logistical planning for various events.
• Provide back up to the Senior Executive Assistant and Executive & Board Relations Assistant, including but not limited to answering phones, letter writing, e-mail drafting, scheduling, and assisting with trip briefing materials and administrative tasks as needed.
• Positive, energetic attitude and interest in assisting staff members and those outside the organization
• Ability to work both independently and with other staff members and interns
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multitask
• Professional demeanor and ability to manage confidential information
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Work one-on-one with Executive Team members
• Interact with HRC Board Members
• Gain knowledge of the HRC Board structure and function
• Lean how a political non-profit functions
• Take part in event planning
• Work with many of the departments that comprise HRC
• Take part in various field and political efforts
• Gain experience with constituent and customer service
• Gain knowledge of scheduling and travel planning
• This is an unpaid internship. Credit is available upon request
• All internships are based out of our offices in Washington, DC. We cannot provide housing for our interns
• Resume and cover letter must be in Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format
• Please refer questions to our website
• For any other questions, e-mail [email protected]
• No phone calls, please