Editorial & Digital Media Internship
The HRC Web Team manages a wide variety of online properties including the newly redesigned site, http://www.hrc.org The e.ditorial & digital media internship is an opportunity to gain valuable online experience from a technological, social networking, organizing and strategy perspective. Some of its ongoing tasks are writing daily blog posts; assistance in managing content during the second phase of the website redesign process; daily backend maintenance of the site; participating in the development of online campaigns and supporting technologies; and other duties as assigned.
- Post timely and relevant content throughout HRC.org and on other online properties.
- Assist in editing and producing blog posts.
- Research daily trends, stories, hot topics on blogs and social media.
- Assist with editing and producing graphics.
- Assist in measuring analytics.
- Organize and map content.
- Provide administrative support to staff.
- Experience writing and editing blog posts; proficient in AP Style.
- Social media experience in a professional capacity (i.e. doing it for a brand or organization).
- Experience/knowledge with content management systems such as ExpressionEngine, Wordpress or Drupal.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, experience with infographic creation a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Real world professional web production experience.
- Resume-building experience and references.
- A wide audience for completed projects.
- Inside experience with a highly active and professional organization.
- This is an unpaid internship. Credit is available upon request.
- All of our internships are based out of our offices in Washington, DC. We cannot provide housing for our interns.
- Resume and cover letters must be in Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.
- Please refer questions to our website.
- For any other questions, email [email protected].
- No phone calls, please.
*PDFs require Adobe Acrobat. Download and install free Adobe Acrobat Reader