Consumer Marketing Internship
The Consumer Marketing Department at the Human Rights Campaign is responsible for the branding of the organization through merchandise. This internship focuses on Retail Operations and Consumer Marketing, offering an opportunity to learn the techniques and strategies used in merchandise outreach for a large non-profit organization. This internship represents an excellent opportunity for someone interested in learning about careers in non-profit Retail Operations and Consumer Marketing.
The Consumer Marketing Department internship consists of general administration as well as creative thinking in an upbeat environment. Responsibilities will entail a mix of administration and substantive work experience, including:
- Data entry
- Maintaining vendor and contractor files
- General research duties
- Responding to internal and external requests for information
- Assisting with Action Center needs
- Creating press packets and other materials
- Other administrative duties as needed
- Majors in fashion, marketing, public relations or related fields preferred
- General computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with graphic design, photography, HTML and/or multimedia a plus
- Demonstrated interest in lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues
- Team player who is willing to pitch in and help out a definite plus — creativity welcome!
- Interns will gain hands-on experience in non-profit retail operation & consumer marketing work
- Interns will expand their understanding of issues and laws affecting the LGBT community
- Interns will have a better understanding of the political process
- This is an unpaid internship. Credit is available upon request.
- All of our internships are based out of our offices in Washington, DC. We cannot provide housing for our interns.
- Resume and cover letters must be in Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.
- Please refer questions to our website.
- For any other questions, email [email protected].
- No phone calls, please.
*PDFs require Adobe Acrobat. Download and install free Adobe Acrobat Reader