Men & Leadership: Equality Leaders for the 21st Century
The Human Rights Campaign believes that our people are our most important asset, and that men in HRC play a key role in being transformational and inclusive leaders for the LGBT movement's ability to win equality for all. That’s why we are proud to offer the Men & Leadership retreat, to empower Equality Leaders for the 21st Century.
The core of the program is an intensive four-day personal leadership retreat that expands on participants’ self-awareness, awareness of others, courageous action, and collaboration.
Check back for 2016 information.
Learn more about HRC's Equality Leaders for the 21st Century:
The purpose of the program is to:
- Develop a diverse pipeline of leaders for HRC steering committees, boards and councils – including men of color, transgender men, and straight men.
- Help gay, bisexual, and transgender men find their voice and their own power.
Inspire and provide tools and knowledge for HRC men to become more inclusive leaders.
As a participant, you will:
- See yourself as a leader and social change agent building a social justice movement and an inclusive HRC.
- Understand the impact of gender bias through the intersections of sexuality, power, race, ethnicity, gender identity, and class to be able to lead resourcefully.
- Develop a higher skill set regarding “triggers” and breaking through the internalized voice of doubt that inhibits courageous leadership.
- Increase your self-awareness of your approach to leadership and your impact on others.
- Increase your capacity to influence people through more effective communication and feedback.
- Strengthen your ability to stand in your vision (individual and collective) as passionate, genuine leaders.
- Leave feeling renewed and ready to lead.