think. grow. be. laugh. eat. imagine. connect. change. inspire. lead. INTERN.
Find your role in one of 25 program areas, ranging from political to development, communications to education.
- Gain valuable professional skills while developing your voice as an LGBTQ advocate and leader
- Play an active role in the nation’s largest LGBTQ equality organization
- Connect with some of the foremost LGBTQ and allied leaders through educational brown bag seminars and other events
Internship Semester Schedule
We offer Fall, Spring and Summer internships. General timelines are listed below. Each of these three internship semesters corresponds to the most widely-used academic calendar for college and university students. Please note that these dates are guidelines; interns and their respective supervisors will work to set a mutually acceptable start and end date.
· Fall: Application now live
· Summer: Application available early to mid October
· Spring: Application available mid to late February
The priority deadline to apply for an HRC Internship is midnight Friday, July 31 – applications received by that date will be considered first. We will continue to accept applications beyond this date until all positions have been filled.
We are offering a limited number of housing scholarship funds to defray the cost of a Washington, D.C. internship. Deadline to apply for a scholarship is midnightJuly 31. Scholarship applications received after this date will not be considered for a financial award, but you are still eligible for an HRC Internship.