Maps of State Laws & Policies
With the legal landscape of rights and protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) Americans continuing to shift from state to state, the Human Rights Campaign has developed the following maps to provide a snapshot of the status of the laws and policies on issues that affect the LGBT community.
Click on a link below for more information about which states allow same-sex marriage, which states provide protections against workplace discrimination, and much more.
- Hospital Visitation Laws
- Statewide Housing Laws & Policies
- Parenting Laws: Second Parent Adoption
- Parenting Laws: Joint Adoption
- Statewide Employment Laws and Policies
- Marriage Equality & Other Relationship Recognition Laws
- Statewide Marriage Prohibition Laws
- State Hate Crimes Laws
- Statewide Public Accommodations Laws and Policies
- Statewide School Anti-Bullying Laws and Policies
- Statewide School Non-Discrimination Laws & Policies
*PDFs require Adobe Acrobat. Download and install free Adobe Acrobat Reader