International LGBT Workplace Considerations
International, multinational and global businesses can face unique challenges when implementing global policies inclusive of LGBT employees. The following is a selection of resources available to employers.
Resources for Employers
Council for Global Equality [globalequality.org]
Anchoring Equality: How U.S. Corporations Can Build Equal and Inclusive Global Workforces [pdf]
This report outlines steps for employers to protect LGBT employees and promote fair workplace policies around the world. In some cases, that requires corporate efforts to change discriminatory local laws that interfere with business, including American laws such as the Uniting American Families Act. The report was released by the Council for Global Equality in collaboration with the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, Immigration Equality, and Out & Equal Workplace Advocates.
- Anchoring Equality: How U.S. Corporations Can Build Equal and Inclusive Global Workforces [pdf]
Stonewall UK Workplace Equality Programme [stonewall.org.uk]
- Stonewall Top 100 Top Employers 2011: The latest ranking for the most gay-friendly employers in the UK
Resources for LGBT Laws and Policies in Other Countries
- International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission [iglhrc.org]
- International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association [ilga.org]
- Immigration Equality [immigrationequality.org]