HBCU Leadership and Career Summit
What: HBCU LGBT Leadership and Career Summit
When: October 25 – 28, 2012
Where: Human Rights Campaign
1640 Rhode Island Ave., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036
Registration is now CLOSED.
The Purpose of the Program Is to Develop:
- An effective group of LGBT HBCU student leaders committed to developing their personal leadership and career skills
- A potent group of HBCU LGBT student leaders to advocate for LGBT equality and social justice issues on campus and in their comunities
- A powerful group of leaders poised to bring their whole selves to the workplace.
- See yourself as a leader and social change agent building a social justice movement
- Understand how discrimination affects you and learn how to lead resourcefully through the intersectinos of race, religion, gender identity, class, and sexual orientation
- Develop a higher skill set regarding breaking through the internalized voices of oppression that inhibit your leadership and career goals
- Gain the skills needed to navigate your career as an out LGBT leader
- Increase your awareness of your unique approach to leadership
- Stand in your vision (individual and collective) as passionate, genuine leaders
- Leave feeling empowered and ready to lead
Thank you for your interest in the HBCU leadership and career summit!