All Children - All Families: Agency Self-Assessment
In order to be listed as an All Children - All Families participant, agencies must complete the ACAF Agency Self-Assessment. Request your agency's username and password for the online assessment.
The Agency Self-Assessment allows your organization to understand and document its level of cultural competence in welcoming LGBT youth and families in its current policies and practice.
Upon completion of the assessment, you will receive a report outlining how many of the ten Benchmarks of LGBT Cultural Competency your agency has met.
Your agency does not need to meet each benchmark before you can submit your self-assessment. An ACAF staff member will review the self-assessment and provide your agency with free technical assistance - including a plan for your agency to improve its practice and meet each of the ten benchmarks.
When your agency has achieved the ten benchmarks, it will be designated a "Leader in Supporting & Serving LGBT Youth and Families" and awarded the All Children - All Families Seal of Recognition.
Completing the Assessment
The Agency Self-Assessment is completed online, allowing agencies to complete it at their own pace. Agencies are given a unique username and password for completing the online self-assessment.
- Request Your Agency's Username and Password
- If you already submitted your request and need your agency’s assessment log-in information sent again, e-mail email@example.com.
- If you have your agency's login information, you can login to the assessment here.
The online assessment includes questions pertaining to the ten Benchmarks of LGBT Cultural Competency listed below and serves as an educational tool, providing links to All Children - All Families resources. It is not expected that your agency meet each of the ten benchmarks prior to submitting your self-assessment. The assessment is meant to be a "snap shot" of your current policies and practices. ACAF staff members will provide guidance on next steps when working to meet each of the benchmarks.
- Client Non-Discrimination
- Employment Non-Discrimination
- Organizational Partnerships and Non-Discrimination
- Agency Forms
- Staff Training
- Staff Advocates
- Client Advisory Boards & Community Expertise
- Agency Environment & External Communications
- Training and Support for Resource Families
- Client Services & Referrals