All Children - All Families: About the Initiative
The All Children – All Families (ACAF) initiative seeks to enhance LGBT cultural competence among child welfare professionals and educate LGBT people about opportunities to become foster or adoptive parents to waiting children.
Interested in participating in All Children - All Families? Get started today!
Participating in All Children - All Families
Agency staff work with the HRC Family Project and ACAF Advisory Council members to evaluate and update their policies as needed, working toward the 10 benchmarks of LGBT competence outlined in the Promising Practices Guide. When an agency achieves each of the 10 benchmarks, they are awarded the ACAF Agency Seal of Recognition.
- View list of participating agencies
- All Children - All Families: How to Participate
- Benchmarks of LGBT Cultural Competence
All Children - All Families Resources
Promising Practices Guide
A comprehensive, practical tool that outlines best practices for welcoming all prospective adoptive parents, regardless of their gender identity or sexual orientation.
An online assessment of agency policies and practices focusing on LGBT inclusion.
Agency Staff Attitudes Survey
An online survey for agency staff, assessing their general level of skills, knowledge and comfort in working directly with the LGBT community.
A five-part training curriculum that can be tailored to the needs of individual agencies.
- HRC's Ellen Kahn is featured in AdoptUSKids' three-part series of tip sheets for agencies on building capacity to recruit and retain LGBT foster and adoptive families:
More Information on All Children - All Families
- All Children - All Families National Advisory Council
- All Children - All Families Additional Resources
- Organizational Letters of Support for All Children - All Families
Watch Video on All Children - All Families