The majority of the largest employers (5,000+ employees) now provide benefits to same-sex partners and spouses of employees, after the first Fortune 500 company did so in 1990. As of March 2011, 25 of the Fortune 100 companies have removed discriminatory language from their health insurance plans to allow coverage for transgender-related medical treatment.
Browse the resources below for more information on equal benefits, or find the full list of Workplace Resources:
Domestic Partner Benefits
- Domestic Partner Benefits: Cost and Utilization
- Domestic Partner Benefits: Grossing Up to Offset Imputed Income Tax
- Domestic Partner Benefits: Hardship Withdrawal Option for Retirement Plans
- Domestic Partner Benefits: Nonspouse Rollover Provision for Retirement Plans
- Domestic Partner Benefits: Pension Survivor Annuities
- Domestic Partner Benefits: Related Laws and Regulations
- Establishing Domestic Partner Benefits
- Business Coalition for Benefits Tax Equity, Members
- Domestic Partner Benefit Eligibility: Defining Domestic Partners and Dependents
- Federal Laws Impacting Domestic Partner Benefits
- Family and Medical Leave Act - FAQ for Employees
- Family and Medical Leave Act: FMLA-Equivalent Benefit for LGBTQ Workers
- Frequently Asked Questions about Domestic Partner Benefits
- Questions to Ask Before Enrolling In Domestic Partner Benefits
- Spousal Benefits: Recognizing Same-Sex Spouses for Benefits Programs
- Taxation of Domestic Partner Benefits
- Taxation of Partner Benefits: Determining and Tracking Dependent Status
- Are transgender-inclusive health insurance benefits expensive?
- Corporate Equality Index: List of Businesses with Transgender-Inclusive Health Insurance Benefits
- Transgender-Inclusive Benefits for Employees and Dependents
- Transgender-Inclusive Benefits: Are My Employer’s Benefits Inclusive?
- Transgender-Inclusive Benefits: Colleges & Universities
- Transgender-Inclusive Benefits: Communicating Availability of the Benefit
- Transgender-Inclusive Benefits: Medical Treatment Cost and Utilization
- Transgender-Inclusive Benefits: Questions Employers Should Ask
- Transgender-Inclusive Benefits: Taxability of Related Medical Expenses
- Transgender-Inclusive Benefits: What are Clinical Guidelines?