State Laws and Legislation

Wisconsin Birth Certificate Law: Gender Identity Issues

Issues a new or amended birth certificate? Yes.
The state registrar will issue a new birth certificate upon receipt of a court order verifying that the individual has undergone sex-reassignment surgery and that the individual’s name has been changed.

Citation: WIS. STAT. § 69.15.

The legal information provided on this page is provided as a courtesy to the public. It is not designed to serve as legal advice. HRC does not warrant that this information is current or

Updated: Tue, March 13, 2007 - 11:00:53