State Laws and Legislation

Vermont Birth Certificate Law: Gender Identity Issues

Issues a new or amended birth certificate? Yes.
The state registrar of Vermont will amend the sex on an individual’s birth records only by the decree of the probate court of the district in which the birth occurred.

Citation: 18 VT. STAT. ANN. tit. 18 § 5075.

The legal information provided on this page is provided as a courtesy to the public. It is not designed to serve as legal advice. HRC does not warrant that this information is current or comprehensive.

Updated: Tue, March 13, 2007 - 11:00:10