State Laws and Legislation

Utah Birth Certificate Law: Gender Identity Issues

Issues a new or amended birth certificate? Yes.
The state registrar of Utah will amend the birth certificate of an individual who has undergone sex-reassignment surgery upon receipt of a court order certifying that sex-reassignment surgery has occurred.

Citation: UTAH CODE ANN. § 26-2-11.

The legal information provided on this page is provided as a courtesy to the public. It is not designed to serve as legal advice. HRC does not warrant that this information is current or comprehensive.

Updated: Mon, March 26, 2007 - 11:00:39