State Laws and Legislation

New Mexico Birth Certificate Law: Gender Identity Issues

Issues a new or amended birth certificate? Yes.
The state registrar of New Mexico will amend the birth certificate of a transsexual with a medical affidavit and the court order of a name change.

Citation: N.M. STAT. ANN. § 24-14-25(D).

The legal information provided on this page is provided as a courtesy to the public. It is not designed to serve as legal advice. HRC does not warrant that this information is current or comprehensive.

Updated: Sun, March 18, 2007 - 11:00:22