State Laws and Legislation

New Jersey Birth Certificate Law: Gender Identity Issues

Issues a new or amended birth certificate? Yes.
New Jersey will issue an amended birth certificate upon receipt of a physician’s affidavit and a certified copy of name change.
Citation: N.J. STAT. ANN. § 26:8-40.12.

The legal information provided on this page is provided as a courtesy to the public. It is not designed to serve as legal advice. HRC does not warrant that this information is current or comprehensive.

Updated: Mon, March 19, 2007 - 11:00:45