State Laws and Legislation

Colorado Birth Certificate Law: Gender Identity Issues

Issues a new or amended birth certificate? Yes.
Colorado law permits a post-operative transsexual to amend his or her birth records after obtaining a court order indicating that his or her sex has been changed by surgical procedure.

Citation: COLO. REV. STAT. § 25-2-115.

Updated: Thu, March 08, 2007 - 12:00:00