State Laws and Legislation

Arkansas Birth Certificate Law: Gender Identity Issues

Issues a new or amended birth certificate? Yes.

Arkansas law permits transsexuals born in Arkansas to amend their birth certificates upon receipt of a court order verifying that they have undergone sex-reassignment surgery and that their names have been changed.

Citation: ARK. CODE ANN. § 20-18-307.

Updated: Sat, March 10, 2007 - 12:00:00