State Laws and Legislation

Alabama Birth Certificate Law: Gender Identity Issues

Issues a new or amended birth certificate? Yes.
Alabama law permits post-operative transsexuals born in Alabama to amend their birth records after obtaining a court order indicating that their sex has been changed by surgical procedure.

Citation: ALA. CODE § 22-9A.

Updated: Mon, February 26, 2007 - 12:00:00