The Jewish Organization Equality Index (JOEI) survey is an innovative, first-of-its-kind effort to analyze and rate U.S. Jewish non-profits on their policies, practices and programs as they are pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) employees and members. The 18-month collaboration between the HRC Foundation and Jewish community organizations includes a survey to benchmark current practices, educational resources for improvement and a final report to highlight the advances made and the work still to be done. HRC's fair and achievable standards for inclusion are supported with informative resources, webinars, cutting-edge research and tools to help organizations along the way.
Read the Final Report
Listen to Expert Testimonials
Learn More About the Project
- Read more about the survey.
- Read more about the JOEI Advisory Board.
- Read more about the project's funders.
- Read more about the results.
- Read more about LGBT terminology.
Creating an Inclusive Workplace
- Read more about inclusive workplace practices.
- Read more about employee benefits.
- Read more about transgender inclusion.
Advocating for LGBT Equality
Programming for All
Eldercare Service Providers
- Read more about inclusive eldercare facility practices.
- Patient Non-Discrimination and State Public Accommodation Law
- Healthcare Equality Index: Visitation Policies
- LGBT-Inclusive Definition of Family
- Protecting Your Visitation & Decision-Making Rights
- Healthcare Equality Index: Advance Healthcare Directives
- Healthcare Equality Index: Decision-Making Policies
- Healthcare Equality Index: Default Surrogate Selection Laws
- Surrogate Medical Decision-Making and the LGBT Community
- Healthcare Proxies
- Living Wills