Fear of discrimination causes many LGBT people to avoid seeking care and, when they do get treatment, studies have shown that LGBT people are often not treated with the respect that all patients deserve. Through pioneering efforts such as the Healthcare Equality Index, the Human Rights Campaign is dedicated to improving healthcare for LGBT people and their families.
Related Blog Posts View More
- HRC Foundation at the National Transgender Health Summit in Oakland, CA
May 17, 2013
- Princeton, Syracuse Universities Expand Employee Health Plans to Cover Transition-Related Costs
May 15, 2013
- LGBT Ally Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Proactive Health Decision
May 15, 2013
- Legislation Introduced to Fight Discrimination Against Those Living with HIV
May 08, 2013
- Philadelphia City Council Passes Landmark LGBT Equality Bill
April 25, 2013
Related Resources View More
Meet other supporters while advancing LGBT equality. Attend an event today!
We want to hear from you! Tell us how the fight for equality touches your life.
Campaign: Transgender Visibility Guide
Read HRC's transgender healthcare, employment, family and visibility guides.Read More
Campaign: Pass ENDA Now
Tell Congress it's time to end workplace discrimination.Take Action
- The HRC Story
- Breaking News
- Hot Topics
- Support HRC