Fear of discrimination causes many LGBT people to avoid seeking care and, when they do get treatment, studies have shown that LGBT people are often not treated with the respect that all patients deserve. Through pioneering efforts such as the Healthcare Equality Index, the Human Rights Campaign is dedicated to improving healthcare for LGBT people and their families.
Related Blog Posts View More
- HIV Update: Promising New Research & Upcoming Conference on Decriminalization
March 07, 2014
- Watch: ‘Debunking the Myths on Transgender Health & Well-Being’
March 06, 2014
- D.C. Extends Comprehensive Healthcare Coverage to Transgender Residents
February 27, 2014
- Don’t Miss Author Clifford Chase at HRC National Headquarters
February 18, 2014
- New Housing Protections for Low-Income New Yorkers Living with HIV or AIDS
February 14, 2014
Meet other supporters while advancing LGBT equality. Attend an event today!
We want to hear from you! Tell us how the fight for equality touches your life.
Campaign: Raise Your Voice
Your participation in HRC’s survey of the LGBT community can make a real difference.Take Survey Now
Campaign: Finding Healthcare Equality
Search the Healthcare Equality Index to see how your healthcare facility ranks in our reportSearch
- The HRC Story
- Breaking News
- Hot Topics
- Support HRC