Religion and Faith Program Internship
The Human Rights Campaign Religion and Faith Program’s mission is to change the conversation in this country about lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people and faith. Subsequently, the program strives to mobilize people of faith to advocate for LGBTQ equality at all levels of social and political engagement. A dynamic and multifaceted program, the Religion and Faith Program works with nationally recognized faith leaders to further amplify their voices, engage and train local clergy to become community leaders, develops and disseminates LGBTQ related religious resources on a variety of subject matters, mentors the next generation of theology scholars and empowers all people of faith to claim that faith in support of LGBTQ equality.
- Research and write about religious, LGBTQ and political topics as needed
- Monitor major news outlets and preparing daily clips for Religion & and Faith staff and stakeholders
- Maintain the Religion and Faith inbox and responds to internal and external requests
- Update contacts for congregations and organizations in the HRC Religion and Faith Program database
- Implement logistical details for Religion and Faith Program events
- Book travel, ship materials, schedule meetings, process financial requests and provide other support as needed
- Demonstrated interest in LGBTQ issues and more specifically, demonstrated interest in religious concerns and background working with faith communities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work both independently and with other staff members
- General computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Inclination for web-based research and database management
- This is an unpaid internship. A limited amount of scholarship funds are available based on proven financial need and a commitment to diversity. Apply within the internship application
- School credit is available upon request
- This internship is based out of our office in Washington, D.C. Internships are also available in HRC’s Project One America offices in Little Rock, Ark., Jackson, Miss., and Birmingham, Ala. We cannot provide housing for our interns
- Resume and cover letter should be provided in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format
- Please refer to our intern FAQs
- For any other questions, email email@example.com; No phone calls, please
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond in a timely manner to individual application inquiries
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
Apply today! Application now available.