Project One America Internship
The Project One America Intern provides support for the Project One America Department which consists of the national office team and the staff of the remote offices. This position reports to the Project One America Coordinator in the D.C. national office.
- Assist the Project One America Coordinator in preparing for and managing various events, summits, luncheons and gatherings that will take place both in D.C. and in the field.
- Assist with remote office staff and volunteer communication, data tracking, and coordination with other HRC national staff.
- Provide back up to the Project One America Coordinator, including but not limited to answering phones, letter writing, e-mail drafting, scheduling, and assisting with trip briefing materials and administrative tasks as needed.
- Positive, energetic attitude and interest in assisting staff members and those outside the organization
- Ability to work both independently and with other staff members and interns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Professional demeanor and ability to manage confidential information
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Learn about the challenges and opportunities facing the LGBTQ community in the deep south
- Lean how a political non-profit functions
- Take part in event planning
- Work with many of the departments that comprise HRC
- Gain experience with constituent and customer service
- Gain knowledge of scheduling and travel planning
- This is an unpaid internship. School credit is available upon request
- The majority of internships are based out of our offices in Washington, D.C. Internships are also available in HRC’s Project One America offices in Little Rock, Ark., Jackson, Miss., and Birmingham, Ala. We cannot provide housing for our interns
- A limited amount of scholarship funds are available based on financial need and a commitment to diversity. Apply within the internship application
- Resume and cover letter should be provided in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format
- Please refer questions to our website
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond in a timely manner to individual application inquiries
- We strongly encourage people of color, people of diverse gender identities, women and non-LGBTQ persons to apply