HBCU LGBTQ Social Work and Policy Graduate Internship
The HRC HBCU Program is a multi-faceted, interdisciplinary leadership development program equipping HBCU LGBTQ student leaders with the knowledge, tools, and resources to become a powerful community of leaders poised to be their whole selves as they make change on their campuses and broader communities.
- Answer outside inquiries about youth and campus issues
- Serve as the liaison for student leaders and administrators during the annual HBCU Summit.
- Provide strong coordination and leadership over the annual HBCU Leadership Summit
- Coordinate the HBCU Health and Wellness initiative
- Create, update and edit news articles, reports for the HBCU Program Newsletter
- Present on the importance of HBCU LGBTQ student support services
- Create, update and edit online resources that assist LGBTQ and allied students and faculty in making their campuses more inclusive and welcoming of LGBTQ people.
- Work with the HRC Foundation team to develop new, innovative initiatives that support, assist and empower queer students attending HBCUs.
- Connect and build relationships with LGBTQ and allied leaders in the HBCU community.
- Represent HRC HBCU Project at events, when needed.
- Respond to constituents’ inquiries and campus issues.
- Other duties as needed.
- Currently attending Howard University School of Social Work.
- Concentration Community, Administration, & Policy Practice, preferred.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Microsoft Word proficient (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- A strong commitment to the mission of the Human Rights Campaign and LGBTQ equality
Apply today! Application now available.