Healthcare Equality Index: Training Information for Organizations With Previous Training Credit
The Core Four training page in the HEI 2014 survey shows whether your organization received training credit in the HEI 2012 or HEI 2013. If you received credit in either year, you can easily achieve it in the HEI 2014 by training at least ten employees via HRC's free expert webinars (or via other training approved by HEI staff).
Your organization can receive HEI 2014 training credit by having at least ten employees attend any or all of these acclaimed expert webinars offered by HRC free of charge, March-June 2014:
- LGBT Patient-Centered Care: An Executive Briefing. This highly engaging and informative 90-minute overview gives senior healthcare managers the information they need to ensure that their organizations provide optimal care for LGBT patients and are in full compliance with CMS and Joint Commission requirements. Managers can attend on any of the training dates offered, and can attend individually or together. Because the Executive Briefing covers organizational best practices in detail, non-managerial employees should attend one or both of the webinars below instead. Register or learn more.
- Your LGBT Patients: An Introduction. This 60-minute webinar is ideal for interested non-managerial employees. Employees can attend on any of the training dates offered, and can attend individually or together. Managers who have attended the Executive Briefing in 2012 or 2013 shouldn’t attend this webinar, since its content is covered in the Executive Briefing. Register or learn more.
- Transgender Patients: Organizational Best Practices. This 60-minute webinar is ideal for staff members who want to learn more about how their organizations can better serve transgender patients. Please note that the webinar focuses on organizational practices, not clinical information or scenarios for frontline staff. Employees can attend on any of the training dates offered, and can attend individually or together. Register or learn more.
If your organization plans to have at least ten employees take one or more of these webinars, check "yes" on the Core Four training page in the HEI 2014 survey and make sure all ten employees are trained by June 30, 2014.
You can use the links below to register employees for the HRC webinars, and HRC's online registration system will track who has been registered from your organization and let you know if any of those registered don't attend, so they can be re-registered for another webinar before the June 30, 2014 deadline (the webinars will be offered 22 times, March-June 2014). Employees can attend individually or in a group (a group sign-in sheet is available on the registration pages below).
- Register for HRC Executive Briefing
- Register for HRC webinar “Your LGBT Patients”
- Register for HRC webinar “Transgender Patients”
Your organization can also receive training credit by having at least ten employees take expert training that is equivalent to any or all of the HRC webinars above by June 30, 2014. As described below, be sure to get HEI approval for your planned training, which should cover similar material, be at least 60 minutes long, and be led by an experienced trainer. If your organization wants to arrange its own training:
- Check "yes" on the Core Four training page in the HEI 2014 survey
- Contact HEI staff well before the June 30, 2014 survey deadline to make sure the planned training meets HEI requirements for length, content, and trainer expertise
- If the training is approved, send HEI staff an email by June 30, 2014 indicating the training date(s), title(s), and presenter(s), along with the names, titles, and emails of the employees who attended each training.
What’s the training deadline?
At least ten employees must attend training by June 30, 2014 (the survey deadline).
Do all ten employees need to attend the same training?
No. Each can attend any training that occurs by June 30, 2014. The HRC webinars are offered through June 2014.
Can employees attend a webinar in a group?
Absolutely. A group sign-in sheet is available for download on the registration page.